Sales & Leasing:
- In separate transactions during 2010, Zimmer’s Sales & Leasing team has helped the Habitat for Humanity ReStore operations on both sides of the Missouri/Kansas state line expand their operations.
In July 2010, DavidZimmer, SIOR, FRICS represented the Kansas City ReStore in the lease of a 20,600 square-foot building in Kansas City’s Midtown market for its second location.
On the Kansas side of the line, Heartland Habitat for Humanity turned to Zimmer’s Devin Schuster and Debora Field for assistance in finding 15,600 square feet for their new location in Overland Park.
ReStore serves as a separate revenue source for Habitat for Humanity. ReStore accepts donations of building supplies from businesses and individuals and offers them for sale at discounted rates. At the end of 2010, more than $2 million dollars has been raised for Habitat KC’s housing programs and more than 17,000 tons of building materials have been diverted from the KC waste stream through ReStore in Kansas and Missouri.
Property & Facilities Management:
- The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority has entrusted Zimmer’s team with property management services for an additional location.
The MAX line bus stop at 75th Street and Troost Avenue is the seventh location serviced by Zimmer. The general maintenance, snow removal, landscaping and janitorial services include bus stops, rest stops for KCATA drivers, Park & Rides and a daycare center leased to the YMCA. Zimmer’s John Strharsky, CFM, LEED AP is the property manager for all seven locations. Zimmer has been serving KCATA since 2004.
- First State Bank & Trust has retained Zimmer to provide Property Management and Sales & Leasing services for two buildings in the Marion Ridge Business Park in Kansas City, Mo.
Rita Rainey is the property manager for this assignment, in which Zimmer is providing rent collection, snow removal, roof and grounds maintenance and general maintenance services for vacant spaces.
Mike VanBuskirk, SIOR, CCIM, CRE will provide Sales & Leasing services for the two buildings, which combine for more than 44,000 square feet of space.
- The vision is finally taking physical shape in Kansas City. Construction for the new home of the Samuel U. Rodgers Community Health Center is underway with much of the structural steel already in place.
Zimmer is providing project and construction management services for Samuel Rodgers with the Development Management team's Kirk Sherman, LEED AP serving as project manager for the 60,000 square-foot facility.
- Sporting Kansas City (formerly the Kansas City Wizards) is gearing up to move into its new home in the Village West development in Wyandotte County, Kansas.
Zimmer is serving as Owner’s Representative and project manager for the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas. Construction for the 18,000-seat soccer stadium is on schedule for completion in Spring 2011.
- Zimmer’s Lender Solutions practice continues to provide critical consulting and real estate services to banks and lending institutions. As banks continue to work through the recent economic troubles, Zimmer’s full service real estate team has served clients with assets located throughout the country.
Services include Sales & Leasing, Real Estate Consulting, Property Management, Asset Management and Inspection Services for properties ranging from townhomes to warehouses to office buildings to mixed-use and retail developments.
Warren “Sonny” Rogers leads Zimmer’s Lender Solutions team and says these projects allow him to fully utilize the vast experience found throughout the firm.
“We are able make a high level assessment of the asset and its position in the market, and then we really drill down by tapping the incredible resources of our sales and leasing, research, financial analysis, asset/property management and development management professionals. Having access to such a great team allows us to provide valuable, creative consultation that begins with the formulation of a concise strategy — whether that be a quick disposition, a hold and stabilization, or somewhere in between — and ends with the execution of that strategy upon terms and a timeline suitable to our clients.”