Zimmer has had a long and successful client relationship with Sprint. In addition to its assignment as Owner’s Representative for the Sprint Campus in Overland Park, which included a myriad of responsibilities associated with the development of a 4,000,000 square-foot corporate headquarters and more than 14,000 structured parking spaces, Zimmer has successfully fulfilled other significant projects recently for Sprint.
Some of those projects include:
- Acting as Sprint's exclusive agent for the sale of the 250,000 square-foot former Sprint Headquarters at 2330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Westwood, Kansas.
- Provided property management services to 170,000 square-foot single-tenant building occupied by Sprint at Southlake Technology Park.
- Member of the Sprint team in the creation and execution of the “Decommissioning Project” for 55 Sprint office locations throughout the Kansas City area which were consolidated into the new corporate campus.
- Management of IT installation on the new campus.
- Coordination and management of the actual personnel move from the 55 locations to the new campus.
- Management of the “Portfolio Reduction Project” which involved 3,500,000 square feet of leased space in more than 100 locations nationwide, in which Zimmer managed the budget, scheduling and disposition or reduction of this major real estate inventory.
- Project AB3 which involved preliminary research and evaluation of several sites from Lee’s Summit, Missouri to Lawrence, Kansas for a potential new campus site utilizing GIS research and other site evaluation criteria.
- Member of the Sprint team responsible for the preliminary planning and re-zoning of the Sprint-owned land lying north of the campus to accommodate a potential 1,000,000 square-foot office development.
- Site search, including existing buildings and Greenfield sites for a new Kansas City area data center; resulted in the lease and subsequent purchase of the current Lee’s Summit facility.
CLIENT - Sprint Corporation
- Corporate Services
- Brokerage Services
- Development Management Services
Daniel F. Musser