In April, the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) selected CenterPoint-Zimmer LLC, a collaboration of Chicago-based CenterPoint Properties and Zimmer Real Estate Services, L.C., as the developer of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s new complex in Kansas City.
The 1.5 million square-foot LEED® Gold project will be developed on a 186-acre site just north of Missouri Highway 150 at Botts Road in Kansas City, Mo.
Joining the CenterPoint-Zimmer team are J.E. Dunn Construction Company, one of the largest general building contractors in the nation, and HNTB, one of the country’s most respected architecture and engineering firms.
In July, the Schlitterbahn Vacation Village & Water Park opened to the public. Zimmer, on behalf of the Unified Government of Kansas City and Wyandotte County, Kansas, has worked with Schlitterbahn to develop the park located near the Village West development in Kansas City, Kansas.
- In August, Midwest Public Risk broke ground on a new office building in Independence, Mo.
The 15,300 square-foot building at 19400 East Valley View Parkway will serve as the company headquarters.
Zimmer is serving Midwest Public Risk as Owner’s Representative during the development.
Sales & Leasing
Property & Facilities Management
- Mark C. Long, SIOR, CCIM, LEED AP helped Summit Litho, Inc. purchase a 16,700 square-foot building in Lee’s Summit, Mo. The new facility will house a printing press as well as other expansions by the area printing company. The company plans to have the building fully operational by September 2009.
- Long and John Green represented the owners in a lease of 100,000 square feet of industrial space to Wainwright Industries, Inc. at 5300 Kansas Ave. in Kansas City, Kan. Wainwright provides metal stamping, machining and logistics services to companies around the world.
- John Strharsky, CFM, LEED AP, Senior Property Manager at Zimmer Real Estate Services, L.C., was sworn in as President of the Kansas City Chapter of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) in July.
Strharsky has been with Zimmer since 2002 and currently manages a portfolio of approximately 1 million square feet of both office and industrial properties.
“I am pleased that John has been able to bring the same leadership skills he demonstrates at Zimmer to IFMA,” said Zimmer Executive Vice President Ellen Darling, CPM. “There is so much professional knowledge to be gained from an organization like IFMA and I’m glad our company can give back as well.”
- Lynette Kammerer, LEED AP was recently sworn in as a board member of the Kansas City Chapter of the Building Owners and Managers Association. Kammerer has been a Property Manager at Zimmer since 2005.
- As of October 1, Zimmer assumed the Property Management and Leasing responsibility for the property at 8700 Monrovia, in Lenexa, Kan.
Vern Walters, CPM, LEED AP will serve as Property Manager and Rick Chamberlain, SIOR, LEED AP handle leasing responsibilities for the 30,000 square-foot office building.
- In June, Zimmer entered a contract offering corporate services to Nebraska Book Company. Currently, Zimmer is providing services for a number of NEB’s approximately 300 locations.